Randy/Roberto,

Microsoft used to say that disks using the NTFS file system didn't get
fragmented - However, like most of Microsoft's statements it was wishful
thinking.  Several after-market 'defrag' programs appeared to take care of
this for NT3.51 and NT4.  With NT5 (Win2000), Microsoft admitted that NTFS
did indeed get fragment and included a disk defragmenter program with it.
But, you're still better off getting an aftermarket program to defrag Win
files.....

Mike S.