(c)?(c)? wrote:

>Guys,
>
>I just want to know if I can run Linux Mandrake or
>RedHat on a Sun Sparc Machine?
>
>Help is very much appreciated.
>
>Thank You
>JGuevarra

>Sign up for SBC Yahoo! Dial - First Month Free
>http://sbc.yahoo.com

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

I don't think you will find current systems from either vendor for the
Sparc. Mandrake made a version of 7.1 (never released beyond Beta) for
the UltraSparc and for the Alpha.

The market never really materialized so there is no current distro for
Sparc from either, last I checked.

Of course, with Solaris running, you can probably find gcc and compile
the rpm utility and go from there... It should(TM) be possible to roll
your own.

Civileme