Todd,

   I've got KVM's in all ranges as well. The ONLY time I have
detection trouble is with the 3 button wheel mouse.  I agree you
get's what's ya pays for.(withing limits.  Windows is 459 and
Mandrake is 89.... bucks that is, sometimes it doesn't work.) For
me.... once every six - 9 months ... it's doable.

James