This is related to an issue with setting up Mailman also. Quoting from the docs :
Copyright (C) 1998,1999,2000 by the Free Software Foundation, Inc.
59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA

SENDMAIL ISSUES

Many newer versions of Sendmail come with a restricted execution
utility called "smrsh", which limits the executables that sendmail can
use as mail filter programs.  You need to explicitly allow Mailman's
wrapper program to be used with smrsh before it will work.  If mail is
not getting delivered to Mailman's wrapper program and you're getting
an "operating system error" in your mail syslog, this could be your
problem.

One good way of doing this is to:

     - cd into /etc/smrsh (or where ever it happens to reside on your
       system, such as /var/smrsh or /usr/local/smrsh).

     - create a symbolic link to Mailman's wrapper program

I hope this sheds some light on the problem (situation)...

KevinO

--
KevinO

Matz's Law:
         A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.