You might want to try removing those lines in your hosts.allow on your
RedHat machine and replace it with only this line:

sshd : ALL

That will allow TCP connections to sshd on all of your network
interfaces.  Of course, if you want to limit SSH connections to only
those from caltig, then you can change the "ALL" to "caltig".
Not sure if what you had is actually legal (there is no ALLOW operator).
 You can check with the tcpwrappers man page for more info (man
hosts.allow).  Also, you probably don't need the sshdfwd-* stuff in
there.  As far as I know, all the forwarding functionality is built into
sshd.

Rob