On Sunday 28 July 2002 07:36 am, Ric Tibbetts wrote:
> Well, I guess it had to happen. If you hang around this stuff long
> enough, eventually you're going to need a database.
>
> I know, this may be a really subjective question, but what's the
> comparison between php & mysql? Is one better/worse, easier/harder than
> the other? Or are they just different?
>
> Does one have strengths/weaknesses over/under the other? Or are they
> both good, but designed to do two different jobs?
>
> This is probably all documented "somewhere". Maybe some kind soul could
> point me at a site somewhere, and I could just study all this myself. ;)
>
> Thanks! As always, any pointers are greatly appreciated.
>
> Ric
Ric,
MySql is the database and PHP is a scripting language used to access it.
If you want to use MySql as a backend and have a frontend GUI that is easy to
use try KNODA.
Knoda works very much like M$ Access using visual tables, forms, reports and
queries.
It can be found here:
http://hk-classes.sourceforge.net and
http://knoda.sourceforge.net
--
Ken Thompson, North West Antique Autos
Payette, Idaho

Linux- Coming Soon To A Desktop Near You
Registered Linux User #183936