gikoreno wrote:
>   I tried using the normal kernel (i.e. the non secure one), and it
> didn't make any difference :(
> The quota tool still doesn't work as expected. I'm still thinking it has
> to do with that "if" statement because I don't see what else it could be...
>
> Is there anyone running LM 8.2, all partitions XFS, msec level 5,
> kernel-secure-2.4.18.8, or the normal kernel 2.4.18, etc... that has
> quota running the way expected (as a user)?

(home machine)

[driver@beavis ~]$ quota -v
Disk quotas for user driver (uid 501):
      Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit
   grace
       /dev/hde1 20190640  30000000 32000000           10352       0
    0
[driver@beavis ~]$ uname -a
Linux beavis 2.4.18-beavis #1 Fri Jul 19 16:30:23 PDT 2002 i586 unknown
[driver@beavis ~]$ rpm -qa | grep quota
quota-3.01-0.5mdk
[driver@beavis ~]$ id
uid=501(driver) gid=501(driver) groups=501(driver),80(cdwriter)
[driver@beavis ~]$

Note, I am running a custom built kernel. 2.4.18 + XFS patches. (no
other changes)

Note: at work quota works on mandrake 8.1 without any problems,
including over NFS.