On Tuesday 30 July 2002 01:38 pm, David Guntner wrote:
> I've added a startup script to my /etc/rc.d/init.d directory, but when I
> try to do a "chkconfig --list {the-file}" so that I can see it, I'm
> informed that "service {the-file} does not support chkconfig."  How do I
> add something that exists in init.d to chkconfig?
>
>                   --Dave

CHKCONFIG(8)                                         CHKCONFIG(8)

NAME
       chkconfig - updates and queries runlevel information for system
services

SYNOPSIS
       chkconfig --list [name]
       chkconfig --add name
       chkconfig --del name
       chkconfig [--level levels] name <on|off|reset>
       chkconfig [--level levels] name
---------- <skip> ---------

OPTIONS
       --add name

This  option adds a new service for management by chkconfig.  When a new
service is added, chkconfig ensures that the service has either a start or  a
kill  entry  in every  runlevel.  If  any  runlevel is missing such an entry,
chkconfig creates the appropriate entry as specified by the default values in
the init script.

Later,
Jason B.