Something thats driving me mad.  How can I drag and drop a file onto an
icon in gnome on a RH 7.0 system and have the program process the file?

I have a perl script that cleans up a file for some very non-linux
people so I created an icon for it on the desktop and want to be able to
drag a file from the file manager onto the icon and have the script do
its stuff.

In KDE I just made the script read its commandline arguments and passed
something like "%f" in the desktop file (I think, long time ago!) but
gnome dont want to do that and seaching the web/reading help skips over
this.

Any help appreciated,
BillK