Hello!

I hope someone can help med shed som light on this. I am trying to setup
quotas on a filesystem, but it doesn't bite.

I have prepared an aquota.user file with quotacheck, edited the fstab
and assigned quotas to a couple of test users.

When booting, quotaon (called from rc.sysinit) fails with the message:

  quotaon: using /my/mount/point/aquota.user on
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target5/lun0/part1: Device or resource busy

I get the same message when I run it manually.

I have been able to trick the quota into starting in singe-user mode. If I
unmount and mount the filesystem, then immediatley run quotaon it will
work. If I (as root ofcourse) manipulate files belonging to the test users
the diskusage as shown by quota -v is updated accordingly.

If I then switch to multi-user by invoking 'init 3' the quota stops
working, the kernel doesn't update diskusage (as shown by quota -v) or
stop users who overdraw.

If I boot straight into multi user and try the same unmount/mount
trick it doesn't work either. Quotaon runs without errors but the kernel
doesn't update the diskusage or hinder overdraw.

I use kernel-enterprise-2.4.18.6mdk-1-1mdk, quota-3.01-0.5mdk and the ext3
filesystem.

All suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,
Fredrik

--
   "It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of computers by
   the sense of accomplishment you get from getting them to work at all."

Fredrik Öhrn                               Chalmers University of Technology
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                                  Sweden