On Sunday 04 August 2002 00:29, Lorne wrote:
>On Saturday 03 August 2002 07:36 pm, you wrote:
>> Termination and cabling were the first things that I suspect as well,
>> I have asked the fellow to check on those things, but he is also going
>> to test the current RH release.  I'll post back to this list as I learn
>> more.  Thanks!
>>
>> -Chuck
>
>Something else to try would be to throw an IDE drive in there, and try it
>with no hard drive connected to the SCSI card and see if it still goes nuts
>trying to talk to the card. ? I'm pretty sure it isn't the release of
>Mandrake. I've been using SCSI with Mandrake for a long time. Once in awhile
>there will be something broken, but they quickly fix it. I'm currently using
>an old 2940, but I've used Mylex and some other "junk" with no problems.
>Goodl luck.

Well, the fellow has since downloaded the 9.0ß-2 first CD, and last I heard,
the installer was asking him for the next CD, which he was downloading
elsewhere.  Perhaps it was a kernel problem?  Or the insall kernel didn't
have access to the correct module?  I'll post back to the list when I hear
that he is successful with a running 9.0ß-2 system.  Many thanks!

-Chuck

--
  \  Sitting in his UNIX LAN  \          Charles A. Shirley         \