On Friday August 9 2002 08:59 am, Charles A Edwards wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Aug 2002 08:48:06 -0500
>
> Tom Brinkman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > tom# urpmi.addmedia cook-sunet
> > ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/mandrake-devel/cooker/i5
> >86/Mandrake/RPMS
> >
> > with ../base/hdlist.cz
> >
> >   (all one command).  BUT, that hdlist is 14mb, takes 45 minutes to
> > 'urpmi.update cook-sunet'   over dialup.  I _must_ be doing
> > somethin wrong, even tho urpmi works just fine with ftp.sunet (?)
>
> Tom, unless you really need the description's use
> "with synthesis.hdlist.cz" for main cooker and
> "urpmi.addmedia whatever
> ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/mandrake-devel/contrib/RPM
>S/ with synthesis.hdlist2.cz" for Contrib
>
> You will find that it is a much smaller dl, kbs instead of mbs.
>

>     Charles

    Thanks Charles. snynthesis.hdlist.cz is the first thing I tried.
Kept failing "unable to add source".  Must'a had a typo in
../base/synthesis.hdlist.cz   'cause I just retried it and it worked.
Yep, that file is only 130K and updates in a minute ;)  So... the real
problem is the tiny gtk+ font, and the <user> ;)