On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 07:29:10 -0400
jerry white <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Grabed a keyboard and said:

> I am new to the list so may this has been answered.  I searched
> th archives and found nothing.
> I have downloaded all 3 isos did m5sum on them all checked out
> ok. But when Itry to burn cd 1 or 2 gcombust tells Me theres not
> enough room on disk.
> What am I missing and how can I  burn good copies if some parts
> are left off??
>
> Thanks in advance for any replies.
> Jerry White

Jerry,
   I may be wrong but my expeience with a number of GUI based
Burner programs is that they won't burn larger than 650mbs to a
disk.  Even if you have an 800mb CD-W disk and burner.(Windows and
Linux don't know on MAC) But cdrecord from the command line burns
well.

>From a command line type:

cdrecord -v speed=xx dev=X,X,X -data nameofiso.iso

Where the xx is the speed your burning at (I'd recommend burning
at a little less than the maximum CD burners give you better
results then.) and X,X,X is the dev.

To find the Dev you need

cdrecord -scanbus

You should get an output that looks something like this.

Cdrecord 1.11a19 (i586-mandrake-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2002
Jörg Schilling
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.22
Using libscg version 'schily-0.6'
scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) 'ASUS    ' 'CRW-1610A       ' '1.20' Removable CD-ROM
        0,1,0     1) *
        0,2,0     2) *
        0,3,0     3) *
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *
scsibus1:
        1,0,0   100) 'SanDisk ' 'ImageMate II    ' '1.30' Removable Disk
        1,1,0   101) *
        1,2,0   102) *
        1,3,0   103) *
        1,4,0   104) *
        1,5,0   105) *
        1,6,0   106) *
        1,7,0   107) *

If you notice Mine has two items on the bus and my CD-RW is on
0,0,0 (commas not periods) So the command I use is.(btw -v means
verbos)

cdrecord -v speed=12 dev=0,0,0 -data cd1.iso

James