Hi,

I have been trying to get alsa rc2 installed on my 8.2 system using
kernel-2.4.18.8.1mdk-1-3mdk.  It seems that the standard alsa
configure;make install creates all the modules successfully, but
modprobe continues to find the old modules that came as part of the
kernel install.  If I remove all the alsa modules installed by the
kernel rpm, rc2 still builds successfully, but modprobe now can't find
anything.

So the trick is presumably to either point modprobe in the right
direction, or to somehow remove the alsa version installed with the
kernel first, or maybe to rebuild the kernel.

Can anyone straighten me out on this?

TIA
Brian