Hi!

I work at an institute of physics here in Argentina. We will receive some
money from a foundation in Germany to buy some machines to use in numerical
simulations and we want to build a cluster with them. We already have a
cluster (we have 20 PII 500-400 and 15 Durons 700 and some Athlon 1 and 1.2
Ghz) but right now I'm a little behind the wave about hardware.... so I ask
you guys some hints about the lasts compatibility problem that could arise
with linux and the new hardware.
 For example.... I hear that the last Intel processor Pentium XP have problems
with linux ... the machine runs slowly ... thing like that. My boss in the
group target to Intel/Amd of about 2GHz , lots of memory... and I don' t have
a clue about the motherboard( I read about problems with some mother that
included some chipsets ). May be some info about cooling (how many fans are
needed).
We have to buy the machines in Germany (that is part of the agreement) and
then send them back to Argentina. I don't read german... that' s a problem.
:0
So we need to buy this parts without contact them personally .....
If some of you could help me with some possible configurations ,
it would be great to receive that information.
TIA

ALF

 Lic. Alfredo Carlos López
 INIFTA - UNLP                           Phone: +54-221-425 7430
 Instituto de Investigaciones            Fax: +54-221-425 4642
 Fisicoquímicas Teórica y Aplicada.
 Suc. 4 C.C. 16
 1900 La Plata, Argentina

 Calle 68 nro.74 (e118/119) Dto. 15    Phone: +54-221-423 6240
 1900 La Plata, Argentina         Cell-Phone: +54-221-(15) 455 0141
"One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown
 is the belief that one's work is terribly important."
                           - Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)