hi all,

for some reasons I tried to boot my linux-only laptop from a w2k cd,
which succeeded (I only *booted* and did *not* install).

And exactly after having booted *once* from this cd, my laptop has
become completely unusable, it freezes a couple of seconds after having
reached the final runlevel (5 and 3 makes no difference).

I really *know* that I did not change anything at all, the only
"unordinary" thing was to boot from the w2k cd ...

Some time ago I remember having read that somebody had the same problem,
but unfortunately I don't find the thread again.

So *any* suggestions are welcome!!

thanks

udo