I think we are missing the point.

With hard disk space ubiquitous and cheap, why not load them to the hard
drive.

To make life easy would this work?

mkdir /iso
dd if=/mnt/cdrom of=/iso/cd1
dd if=/mnt/cdrom of=/iso/cd2
dd if=/mnt/cdrom of=/iso/cd3

mkdir /mnt/cd1
mkdir /mnt/cd2
mkdir /mnt/cd3

mount -t iso9660 -o loop /iso/cd1 /mnt/cd1
mount -t iso9660 -o loop /iso/cd2 /mnt/cd2
mount -t iso9660 -o loop /iso/cd3 /mnt/cd3

urpmi.addmedia file://mnt.cd1
urpmi.addmedia file://mnt.cd2
urpmi.addmedia file://mnt.cd3

Jim Tarvid