On Wednesday 21 August 2002 05:44 am, Darren King wrote:
> It's usually in your home directory.  It might not get created until you
> run mysql (the interactive sql program).
>
> Darren

 I'm running MDK 8.2b4 here and using MySql and don't have it either..
I've been through the readme too and have never found the MY.CNF file anywhere
on any of the machines I have here starting with MDK 7.1..
I've also looked for it on an remote server running Solaris & MySql with the
same results....
I wonder if it has to be created by the DB admin???

--
Ken Thompson, North West Antique Autos
Payette, Idaho

Linux- Coming Soon To A Desktop Near You
Registered Linux User #183936