On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:35:53 +1200
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Or better yet, a Kazaa clone?? I know there is a command line one but I
> want my GUI!! =)
>
> John Wheat wrote:
> >  I am wondering if anyone is using a file sharing program similar to
> > gnutella/napster apps successfully in Linux. This app. is about the only
> > thing standing between me and converting my wife to Linux completely in turn
> > making my life better.  Any suggestions or reccomendations?
> >
> >  TIA,
> >
> >  John Wheat

some p2p apps and protocols:

gnutella -> LimeWire
www.limewire.com
a java apps. runs fine under linux

opennap -> lopster or xnap2
both are available from http://sourceforge.net
xnap2 is java
i prefere lopster, but to have a real multiserver client, you have to install the cvs
version.

openFT -> giFT + giFTcurs
giFT uses giFTcurs as gui. both are under development and available via cvs only.
http://sourceforge.net (again...)

KaZaa is broken since january
audiogalaxy seems to be down too...

bye