(Hope this is not a duplicate -- it appears that I originally sent it
to  myself -- oh, the hazards of experimenting with multiple mail
clients. ;-)

I guess I should have mentioned that joe and dummy are not in a common
group.  (joe is in a group called joe, dummy is in a group called
dummy, and, these are not the real names).

_And, I guess I haven't left dos behind -- I meant to type ls instead
of dir._

Randy Kramer