All,

  When creating a new rpm of a product that is an update to a previous
one I need to ensure that previous log files don't get overwritten with
new versions and blank them out.  Many of the Mandrake RPMS are able to
handle things like this elegantly by saving new files as rpmnew.  How is
this handled in rpm?

  Second is there any way to build an rpm with an either/or dependency?
I've run into problems with a cross distro situation. One names an rpm
with a - another with an _ Would this be handled in the program itself
or can an rpm be created with a dependency as a boolean or rather than
an and.

James