I keep running into this problem.  I have a 100 MB zip disk that was almost
full.  I removed the files from it and then attempted to copy new files onto
it.  I immediately get a string of "no space left on device" messages.  Of
course there is space, I deleted everything on it and the files I am trying
to copy to it total less than 100 MB.

I removed the zip disk and reinserted it and did df.  It STILL shows it as
something like 99% full when in fact there is nothing on it.  There are no
hidden files on it either.  It seems that supermount gets it into its head
that a disk has X much space on it and nothing short of a logout and login
again will change its mind on the matter.  Has anyone else come across this?
What is the trick, if any, to getting supermount to REALLY update itself (or
df) to reality instead of relying on some cache - which is what I am assuming
it is doing since the disk is empty but "df" indicates no change whatsoever
in the disk.

praedor