hi list,
if I wanna do an update from 8.0 to 9.? - is it possible or can I only make
an update from 8.2 to 9.?

had no problems from 7.0 to 8.0, so now I'm hoping, that it would be possible
also from 8.0 to 9.?. For shure - I know, I have to wait for the final
release but some problems like a buggy XFree-Server in 8.0 is one of the
wishes I have.
My ATI Rage Pro with about 8 MB doesn't match very good with the available
3.3.6 and 4.0.3 X-Release.

and an update the XFree86-4.2.0 within the 8.0 mdk-release does NOT do the
trick. The X-Server crashes in the most cases after calling
"mandrake-control-center" Trying and playing around the Xservers 3.3.6 and
4.0.3 with or without hardware-support has the same effect - very buggy !

thanks for your answers and ideas
bye hans