hans schneidhofer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> hi davor,
>
> have a little trouble in installing libmysql10.
> rpm -Uvvh tells the follwing :
>
> file /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0 conflicts between attemped installs of
> libmysql10-3.23.52-1mdk and MySQL-shared-3.23.52-1
> file /usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.10.0.0 conflicts between attemped installs
> of libmysql10-3.23.52-1mdk and MySQL-shared-3.23.52-1
>
> and the rpm stops the install-procedure.
>
> is rpm anything missing here or what does this message mean ?

  The mysql you have installed isn't a mandrake package, and the
  naming of the packages is different, so rpm has no clue that
  libmysql is an upgrade for your MySQL-* packages. Uninstall the
  previous version and install the mdk version you are trying to
  install.

  Vox

--
Pain is the gift of the gods, and I'm the one they chose as their messenger....
For info on safety in the BDSM lifestyle http://www.the-vox.com

Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_
technology than everyone else.       -- Donald B. Marti Jr.