Am Don, 2002-09-19 um 04.06 schrieb daRcmaTTeR:
> hans schneidhofer wrote:
> > hi
> > don't know, why, but an update the MySQL from 3.23.36 to all over abouth
> > seems to be impossible.
> >
> > have tried now an old 39-release, a 41-release - all impossible. think, that
> > is really bad thing.
> >
> > on my old rh7.1 box I have done an update from 32-release to 52 without any
> > problems - whats going wrong in all the mdk-related mysql-files.
> > the only one release I can install is the origin 36-release, which is on the
> > CD of 8.0 - nothing else.
> >
> > I got a lot of failed dependencies - so I posted yesterday.
> >
> > hope anyone has an idea ?
> > bye hans
> >

> hans,
>
> first, are you using arch specific packages to do the update, or did you
> get the packages from the MySQL site?

hi Mark,
got it from www.mysql.org
all packahes ended with mdk.i586.rpm

> Second, what command are you using to do the update?

was using rpm -Uvvh packagename packagename ....
in the meantime I have done an update from 8.0 to 8.2, and am having now
3.23.47 as it is provided directly from the 8.2 mdk-CD, but an update to
3.23.52 isn't possible anyway. the same behavior - it's a pity. there
appears a lot of dependencies-problems.

but the surprise for me is, that an update on my rh 7.1 box is possible
without any problems from a very old 3.22.27-version to 3.23.52. Isn't
it ? For shure I was using the origin rh-packages as there are i386'ies.
But it runs - wihout any problems.
why not on the mdk-box ?

A download from mdk-members-club isn't possible for me right now,
because I don't have a job in the moment.

thanks again
bye hans