David Guntner wrote on Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 11:17:29AM -0700 :

> There's probably a more elegant way of doing this, but:
> cat php.ini | \
> sed 's\:/var/www/html/php\:/var/www/html/php:/var/www/html/newdir/php\' | \
> cat >php2.ini

Hmmmm, I always just figured that a backslash could not be used as the
seperator and would have used a # sign or similar.  Interesting that it
works as expected and not as an escape function.  Thank you for making
me try that :)

Blue skies...                   Todd
--
  Todd Lyons -- MandrakeSoft, Inc.   http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because