Hi List,

        I finally got ext3 working as expect under MDK 8.1.

        The problem was that ext3 modules was not loading during boot and
just this!

        So, after converting ext2 to ext3 one must run mkintrd to create a
new vmlinux.img file at /boot and run lilo (or grub).

        Since I don't know exactly how to run mkintrd I just re-installed
MKD kernel rpm and voilà!!!

        Now it's working gracefully.  I suspect that one have to observe
this procedure if changing filesystem (to xfs, jfs, reiserfs etc.).

Thanks anyway for any help.

Cheers,
Alan Wilter S. da Silva
 Laboratório de Física Biológica
  Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho
   Universidade do Brasil/UFRJ
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil