"Ronald J. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I posted this same message to the newbie list, had -0- replies so, I'll try
> here. Thanks.
>

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Well, I know this is probably as simple as falling off a log, but... :-)
>
> I've got a 3 comp LAN, with Mandrake 8.2 on each, using NFS. We can ping each
> other by name or IP address, copy files between each other just fine, play
> games just fine.
>
> Now...I want to be able to send mail between the 3. The comps names are:
>
> darkforce 192.168.0.1  user-darklord
> darkforce2 192.168.0.2 user-zerocool
> darkforce3 192.168.0.3 user jeremy
>
> postfix is up and running on each.
>
> I can open a shell, do a "mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]" from my own machine,
> darkforce, and the mail is sent and received just fine. Trying to do this:
> "mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]" results in this:
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> delete your own text from the message returned below.
>
>                         The Postfix program
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: Name service error for darkforce2.com: Host not
>     found
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Can anyone tell me what I need to do? Or better yet, point me to a
> good

  Edit /var/spool/postfix/etc/hosts and add your other 2 computers to
  it. That's the file that postfix uses to resolve stuff that isn't on
  DNS.

  Vox

--
Pain is the gift of the gods, and I'm the one they chose as their messenger....
For info on safety in the BDSM lifestyle http://www.the-vox.com

Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_
technology than everyone else.       -- Donald B. Marti Jr.