>From previous messages I would gather that the latter problem with accessing
your cdroms is a supermount issue - broken (yet again) in the 9.0 release of
Mandrake.  Supermount breaks with distressing regularity, it seems with new
distro releases.  You are stuck with the manual mount/unmount method.

As for the first, I can't help you there...check the settings on the icon and
see what it is pointing to.

--
"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry
into a patriotic fervor...the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded with