Booting with 9.0 2nd CD, I get a splash screen telling me to press <F1>
fro more options or press <Enter> key to install or upgrade a system
running Mandrake Linux. After pressing <Enter>, I get the message "You
are starting the installation with an alternate booting method. Please
change your disk, and insert the Installation disk", hitting <Enter>
again I get a message asking me to choose the installation method. This
is where I usually get to choose from NFS server, FTP server, HTTP
server, CDROM drive or Hard Disk with 8.2, but CDROM drive is the only
option now.

hope that's clear enough, any help is appreciated

Robin