On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 19:55, faisal gillani wrote:
> i dont know where to ask this question but can you
> tell me that if we can install mandrake snf firewall
> on linux 8.2 ?

yes we can.

look for a package named *snf*.mdk.whatever.  satisfy the deps, read the
relevant posts on the mdk secure lists and you're in business.

i'm perty happy with just choosing the "firewall/router" selection
during install and making sure that RPC and the like is turned off.
YMMV.  only complaint is that kernel-secure won't boot on pentium...I
hope that's been "adjusted" in 9.0  :]

--
jason
gmaestro.org