Quoting Vox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Silly "David Guntner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> becomes daring and writes:
> >
> > I've got postfix running, and while it will happily accept a port 25
> > connection from the local box, connecting to it from off the home
> > network gets a "connection refused" response.
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this?  Anywhere in any
> > particular configuration file I should be looking?
>
>   /etc/postfix/main.cf
>
>   mynetworks = 192.168.1.0/24, 127.0.0.0/8
>
>   Make sure you leave the 127. there and change the 192. to whatever
>   you are using.

All that's already there.  And someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I
thought that the mynetworks setting is only to tell it which hosts can relay
mail off of the box.

Again, just so that I'm clear what my problem is:  I can even go so far as to
telnet in to port 25 from the local host itself, but any attempt to connect
from another machine gets no connection.  I don't even get the SMTP greeting
message - the connection just closes.

Any ideas, anyone?

             --Dave