hi,
got a compile-error on compiling the file :
rage128-20021007-linux.i386.tar.bz2 = of course I have done a tar xvfj on it
and then I had to execute a shell-based prog called "install.sh*"

the logfile is this here :
cc -O2 -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wnested-externs -Wpointer-arith -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -fomit-frame-pointer
-DEXPORT_SYMTAB -I0 -c r128_drv.c -o r128_drv.o
make: cc: Kommando nicht gefunden.
make: *** [r128_drv.o] Fehler 127

hmm ... does anyone know, whats going wrong here ?
am sorry about not having too much experience, but without a try I would never
get an exoerience.

the file here I have dowmloaded from ATI and is the dri-file for my buggy
ATI-Rahe 128, which is gonna crazy sometimes. It says a lot of times "bye",
the system hangs up and the only thing I can do is just a "reset" - because
nothing is there, what I could do.

On the DRI-Homepage I have the description of Rage 128 and was reading, that
my bug-behaviors are well known without this driver. hmm - hope so !!! that
this thing will do the trick.

the kernel-source of kernel 2.4.19 I have downloaded just now, but this
errormessages appears anyway.

your help is very welcome.
thanks and bye
hans