I have upgraded to 9. Since then, I have found my
internal ide zip 100 will not function. It is on Primary as
Slave, using ATA100 cable. Secondary is a CD-ROM
and a CD-RW. The HD is a WD 40G.

I tried to let devfs do it's thing, no luck. I disabled supermount, no luck

I never liked either one of these anyway, however did not see any way
to turn them off during install.
So the error I receive is:
mount -t vfat /dev/hdb4 /mnt/zip
mount: /dev/hdb4 is not a valid block device

I have tried to edit lilo.conf and change from ide-scsi to ide-floppy.
I understand the norm is to be used as ide-floppy, but mdk9 set it
up as ide-scsi from install.

Also my scsi drive (Seagate) will not mount upon bootup, but manual
mounting once up is fine. The card is a Adaptec 2940.
The error there is the: wrong fs....... maybe too many mounted fs's.

Any help appreciated,

Brian D. Klar - CVE
OTS
WPAFB