Angus Beath wrote:
> Hey guys/gals,
>
> I've got a machine in a uni that needs as much security as it can get.
> But, I also need it to be able to print and with the security
> permissions set to "higher" it won't work. Can someone give me a tip on
> what I need to change to allow printing? This is a Mandrake 9.0 system.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Angus Beath

I have been having troubles with even standard security.  What I did was
make the edit to /etc/cups/cupsd.conf suggested at the link I give in
this MUO Board post:

http://www.club-nihil.net/mub/viewtopic.php?t=5416&highlight=

I also commented the following lines and added the third:

###AuthType Basic
###AuthClass System
AuthType None

under <Location /admin>   Printing and cups administration *seems* to be
working for me now but I don't know what the security ramifications are.
  That link at the Board contains much more info.