On Wednesday 16 October 2002 04:11 am, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> My Inbox Happily Received This From Pierre Fortin @ Tue, 15 Oct 2002
> 22:33:35 -0400
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I burned some 9.0 CDs, only to uncover a strange problem...
> >
> > Since ((CD1, CD2) > 650MB > CD3); and having both 650MB & 700MB blanks, I
> > decided to burn on appropriately sized blanks...  [A while back, I burned
> > LM8.2 onto 700MB CDs, so the media should not be an issue.]
> >
> > When trying to use the newly "burned" LM9.0 CDs, I got I/O errors...
> > long story short... turns out CD1 & CD2 are *blank* -- not burned at
> > all... tried several times; the only clue that something is not right at
> > burn time is that the fixation times out.  Doing a simulation burn,
> > everything appears to be OK.
> >
> > CD3 burns fine.
> >
> > The only difference I can see between 8.2 and 9.0 are the >650MB 9.0
> > ISOs...
> >
> > Anyone have a clue?  Writer is an HP7500+
>
> I've got the ISOs burned on CDs
> but i recreated the ISOs and burned them for some friends, works fine!
> ASUS CD Writer/ Samsung color blanks
> gcombust, the most important thing i noticed that i have to choose "DAO"
> when burning ISOs don't know what did you exactly do !
when I burned the cds from 9.0, I heard so many folks having trouble burning
cd#2, I tried to burn at a very slow speed, figuring that might help (16x cd,
12x writer) found (at least with cd#2) that if I burned at 2x I got all sorts
of errors on install, but could read from the CD and no errors durring the
burn, but at 12x I got a good cd that installed just fine. first time I ever
had a problem burning too slow, but then again, how many of us have burned a
cd that was so close to the 700meg limit before? I even tried burning twice
with the 2x speed, and wound up with some different packages to start the
errors durring install, but still a basicly reproduced (IMHO) the problem. so
to me, burning at the speeds supported was a better answer than burning too
slow. HTH