Sorry to reply to myself ... but I've commented out the imagegif stanza from
test_setup.php, as gif isn't supported anyhow by newer versions of GD.  Now the
"call to undef. function" is gone, obviously the function was removed from GD
itself.

Now the test continues with PNG and JPG, however when displaying PNG, all that
appears is "Test to see if PNG graphs work" surrounded by an asci text box.

For JPG, the same heading with the text box, but below it is the raw data of a
JPG image, not rendered by displayed as ascii text.
~
ÿØÿàCREATOR:gd-jpeg v2.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality
~

Note, most of the characters don't copy into this mail.  If you want to see exactly
what's going on, go to "http://mitglied.lycos.de/animeflash/";, he seems to be having
the same issue.

I can't seem to find anything on the web that resolves this, some say it is a
GD "extension" issue, others having html tags in the .php.  I've stripped all HTML
out of test_setup.php, same thing happens, and gd.so is the only GD module loaded
by PHP/Apache related to gd..

Any ideas?

/eli