I've got Mandrake 8.2 and need russian localization.
When I select russian language and country "Russia" in KDE, it's OK (windows,
menus, etc. all in Russian) except icons on the Desktop!
Icons named in English appear correctly, but russian names of icons (which
correspond to Trash, Home and others) appear as '?????????'. It seems that
Desktop in my system cannot dysplay non-English characters at all. The
Konqueror does the same: it shows russian names of folders (e.g. in Windows
directory) as '?????????'.  I tried to configure its fonts and charsets but
it had no effect. Other programs display russian folders like this too. Why
does it happen and how can I solve my problem? (I suppose that displaying by
Desktop and other programs are different problems...)

Thanks in advance.