This question was asked by someone else earlier, but I never saw a
response.  Sorry if one was given and I was just being blind... :-)

I've done "chkconfig --add mysql" so I know it should be starting.  When
checking the comments at the beginning of the /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql
script, I see:

# Comments to support chkconfig on RedHat Linux
# chkconfig: 2345 90 90

Which says that it should be getting started in run levels 2 through 5.
And yet, upoon booting, there's no mysql daemon running.  I have to
manually do a "/etc/init.d/mysql start" to bring it up.  Checking the
startup configuration, I find:

# chkconfig --list mysql
mysql           0:off   1:off   2:on    3:off   4:on    5:off   6:off

Ok, so how come mysql is only set to come in in run levels 2 and 4, when
the comments at the beginning of the script say 2 through 5?

I'm thinking that maybe it's related to running msec level 4.  If that's
the case, how do you override and tell it to allow that service to run at
startup?

Any help would be appreciated.

                    --Dave
--