Hi All,

No, I am not using ACPI. Altough, that is what I would like to have. Unfortunately, the stock kernel supplied by Mandrake does not have the ACPI support compiled in.

[root@sandeepk resume.d]# rpm -qil apm-scripts
Name : apm-scripts Relocations: /usr
Version : 0.1 Vendor: MandrakeSoft
Release : 3mdk Build Date: Fri 22 Feb 2002 09:41:29 PM EST
Install date: Sun 20 Oct 2002 06:40:32 PM EDT Build Host: bi.mandrakesoft.com
Group : System/Servers Source RPM: apm-scripts-0.1-3mdk.src.rpm
Size : 18884 License: GPL
Packager : Mandrake Linux Team <http://www.mandrakeexpert.com>
Description :
APM-Script is launched by apm on resume and suspend, it start or stop
your network/sound etc... to make sure that everything work after
hybernation of your computer.
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/apmd_proxy
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/resume.d
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/resume.d/10usb
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/resume.d/1hdparm
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/resume.d/2terminal-beep
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/resume.d/3sound
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/resume.d/4XFree
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/resume.d/5pcmcia
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/resume.d/6network
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/resume.d/7clock
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/resume.d/8anacron
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/resume.d/9hdparm
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/suspend.d
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/suspend.d/1sound
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/suspend.d/2hdparm
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/suspend.d/3network
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/suspend.d/4pcmcia
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/suspend.d/5XFree
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/suspend.d/6unload-sound
/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/suspend.d/7usb
/etc/sysconfig/apmd
/usr/share/doc/apm-scripts-0.1
/usr/share/doc/apm-scripts-0.1/ChangeLog
[root@sandeepk resume.d]#

Is it supposed to be that way or not? But, I found it funny that we have the "clock" script being executed while "resume" but, not similar thing while going to "sleep" !!!

Can this be the reason ?

Anyone please?

--Sandeep

Aaron Peters wrote:

If apmd is running, the only thing I can think of is some issue with:

/etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/resume.d/7clock

which appears to be the script responsible for syncing back to the
hardware clock. Maybe the exec bit is turned off? Once I installed
this package, things worked for me from the get-go. . .