On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, andy wrote:

> Ok, so now i've found the problem:
> > You've probably already checked, but please verify that you're using the
> > Pencil tool and not something like the airbrush, brush or DrawWithInk
> > tool. All the icons look similar, but everything else but Pencil will
> > anti-alias the edges.
> That works, but it seems the closer I zoom in with the magnifier tool, the
> more screwed up the pixels get when I draw on it. And I tend to zoom in alot.
> Anything above 200% tends to make it mess up. Any solutions?

Bizarre... Can you send me an screenshot privately showing the effect
you're describing?

Please also send:

Double click the Pencil icon in the Gimp main control panel to get to
the Tool Options window. What is Opacity, Mode, Incremental and Pressure
Sensitivity set to? Are you using a pen-based input device?

On the Brush Selection window (found in the lower right box of the Gimp
main control panel), what does the top info line show? What is the
Spacing value?