Dear Friends,
I finally bought a Creative Blaster 4 Titanium 4200 with the Nvidia Geforce4
Ti chip. Thanks to the comments in this list and the expert one the
installation was very easy.
First I edited initab to put the text mode star; then I installed the two rpm
nvidia files and also the nvtv file; I activated harddrake service and stoped
the computer.
Then I made the change of my Voodoo3 3000 and I put the new video-card in the
AGP slot. I started again Mandrake and harddrake erase the Voodo3 3000
installation. From the console as root I started XFdrake and few seconds
later I had my new card instaled with DRI runing.

Now I am testing several programes: tuxracer impressive, xine fine, Armagetron
and Chromium runing fine.....

But I have found two problems:

1) Quake III looks awfull; perhaps I need to select some special graphic
characteristics; the videos and demos look very nice, but when I start to
play the graphics are very bad.

2) With nvtv (tv-output) I can see the colors bars in my tv, but when I try to
send the whole screen to the tv just a white screen. Perhaps I need to change
something in the XFree86 Config files.

Any help will be welcome; thanks a lot in advance for your help.
--
Francisco Alcaraz Ariza
Departamento de Biología Vegetal