Sounds like you have USB adapter, we are using the pccard type that really only just cross a few wires

mine is /dev/hde1

JG

James Sparenberg wrote:
On my box it's not hde but actually /dev/sdaX that is the compact flash
device.
So to mount the device I type mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/disk

and it mounts. I also removed the line from fstab for auto mounting. Mandrakes install creates it during install and since the command to
mount local file systems occurs before the installation of the the
modules for USB it will hang the box for a long time trying to mount the
card (if present.)

James