Okay, I've got postfix/fetchmail/procmail setup, following the excellant
tutorial at MandrakeUser Online. (BTW, I have to comment on the gui for
fetchmailconf - its great! Wish other apps would use it as an example!)

Now...I use Kmail, and I'm not sure if I have it setup correctly to use with
this setup.

In my user account, I kept smpt to send mail out (sendmail looks
frightening!), and I set the mail folder to:

/home/darklord/Mail/inbox

Kmail has an option to set the lockfile. It uses darklord.lock as the
example. Apparently though, it doesn't automatically create this file. It
lists /var/spool/mail/darklord.lock as its choice. How do I create this file
and where should it go? It seems like it would go into /home/darklord/Mail
(which also has a procmail folder inside of it, where procmails' log goes)

Reason I'm asking all this, is I have a dial-up connection. I logon,
fetchmail does its thing, I can run Kmail and my mail is there. If I leave
Kmail running, I never get mail, although I've got fetchmail set to poll at 5
minute intervals, and Kmail set to poll at 5 min intervals. I'm assuming
(yeah, I know the danger in that!) that fetchmail polls my ISP, grabs any
mail, then Kmail polls my /home/darklord/Mail/inbox and grabs any mail there.

Please educate/correct me here if I'm wrong.

Thanks guys, and sorry for the long post. (and this seemed a bit over the top
for the newbie list).

--
                                                                          /\
                                                                  Dark< >Lord