Praedor Tempus wrote on Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 08:05:55AM -0500 :

> > Is there no way to make supermount work?
> Just another note on supermount. I am using 8.2 with a self-built kernel
> 2.4.19-9mdk.  Supermount works fine on this system.  Perhaps the 2.4.19
> kernel in 9.0 is re-broken for supermount.  It is generally not the fault of
> the distro when supermount goes south, but the kernel developers.

Supermount is not a part of the Linus released kernel.  Mandrake is the
only distro that adds the supermount patch to the kernel.

And I agree that somewhere around -14mdk or -15mdk, supermount received
some changes that resulted in more drives having problems.  A good case
in point is the fact that you have -9mdk and it's working well for you.

Blue skies...                   Todd
--
| MandrakeSoft USA             | Sometimes you get what you want. |
| http://www.mandrakesoft.com  | Sometimes you get experience.    |