John, this is the Mandrake Cooker mailing list, not the Mandrake 9.0
support list.  If you want support for 9.0, join the Mandrake Expert
mailing list.  This list is for development of the next version of
Mandrake Linux.

John O'Shaughnessy wrote on Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 05:43:52PM -0600 :
> Running MDK 9.0 on a Dell Latitude C400, I notice that when the screen goes
> blank, the display is still lit.  Is there a configuration option somewhere
> to actually get it to not light the display?

Wait another 30 minutes.  There's a big difference between blanking and
powering down.  If you're using KDE, go into the KDE Control Center and
look in PowerControl->DisplayPowerControl.  Feel free to adjust them to
your liking.

Blue skies...                   Todd
--
...and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious
 anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my binaries, and you