On Sun, 2002-11-03 at 12:08, Rod Giffin wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-11-03 at 14:06, Jack Coates wrote:
> > On Sun, 2002-11-03 at 09:57, Rod Giffin wrote:
> > You can make permanent detailed changes to its behavior by editing the
> > /usr/share/msec/perm.[level] files. Some high-level stuff can be changed
> > in /etc/sysconfig/msec, but the perm files are where you really
> > customize behaviour (for instance if you want a shared GID-writable
> > directory under /home you'll need to change the policy file).
>
> Thanks Jack.
>
> I've been poking around those directories a little.  So far I havn't
> found what changes the to the defaults will give me the options I want
> in security level 4.  I'm thinking of going to security level 2, and
> hardening the system by hand.  I'm looking for someplace that I can make
> a change for a more acceptable hosts.deny file.

level 3 has empty /etc/hosts.allow and .deny as well.

> > > One other issue I had was with the Postfix install, but I've installed
> > > drakwizard on a test system here and see that the wizard provides the
> > > proper postfix configuration files.  I don't actually have the time
> > > anymore to figure out what it adds, so I'm going to have to drive to my
> > > system (20 miles away) and install and run the wizard manually rather
> > > than by webmin or ssh.  Very disappointing.  I use Mandrake specifically
> > > because it has been easy to administer remotely.
> > >
> > > Rod.
> >

> > huh? I've never used the wizard for postfix, so I can't say what it does
>
> I've never used it before either.  This is the first time, and I only
> did it because Postfix wasn't working right out of the box.  It's
> strange.  Postfix now appears accessible, but there are still silly
> issues like I can't add aliases properly.  "Failed to save alias :
> Failed to regenerate table /etc/postfix/aliases: 13".
>
> This is from a brand spanking new pristine install I just did not 30
> minutes ago.

A lot of people have complained about postfix being chrooted -- I
haven't seen it on four 9.0 machines, but then I always use level 3. I
bet that if you did an install at level 4 or 5, your postfix is chrooted
and you need to be making changes in /var/lib/postfix or some such.

--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...