On Wednesday 06 November 2002 03:50 am, Mark Williamson wrote:
> I pass ide=nodma using lilo and the
> append line,  then when booting up I use hdparm just to switch DMA on
> just for the hard drive  "hdparm -d1 /dev/hda"  and this seems to work

If you want dma off on your cdrom, you should not have to do anything on 9.0.
If you examine the sysinit script, you'll see that Mandrake 9.0 is already
turning off dma on the optical drives.  You shouldn't have to pass ide=nodma
to the kernel and then turn on dma on the harddrive.  Wouldn't that prevent
the kernels ability to handle dma from the hard drive as opposed to just
turning it off on a specific drive.
--
/g