John O'Shaughnessy wrote:

Trying to load a Proxim/Farallon Skyline wireless PC card, I receive the
following from dmesg:

wvlan_cs: WaveLAN/IEEE PCMCIA driver v1.0.6
wvlan_cs: (c) Andreas Neuhaus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wvlan_cs: index 0x01: Vcc 3.3, irq 3, io 0x0100-0x013f
wvlan_cs: Registered netdevice eth2
wvlan_cs: MAC address on eth2 is 00 00 c5 09 83 db wvlan_cs: Unrecognised card, card return vendor = 0x0003, please
report...
wvlan_cs: Found firmware 0x8 (vendor 3) - Firmware capabilities :
0-0-0-0-0

The card shows up in ifconfig, but it doesn't appear to be working. At
least, it isn't heading out and getting a DHCP address.

What does iwconfig say? Have you tried to call /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-wireless? I had a problem with my wireless card because the sequence in the rc scripts calls the network before pcmcia, so my orinocco would not come up at boot because the pcmcia subsystem wasn't up yet.

Jan