MDKA-2002-015-1 suggested upgrading a bunch of printer files,
including cups-drivers-1.1-79.2mdk-i586.rpm.  I am using an HP Deskjet
960C with Mandrake 9.0 and use CUPS.

I also have the TurboPrint drivers, which were MUCH better than the
free ones (and well worth the $16 to register).

However, the newly released hpijs-1.3.tar.gz sounds great.  Now, both
of these were released within a day or two, so I am assuming that the
hpijs-1.3 did NOT make it into the rpm upgrades, right?

I installed all the printer stuff from the 015-1 advisory (except
omni) and I find that driver is lots better, almost as good as the
TurboPrint, but not nearly as fast.  Also, it does not seem to have a
1200 dpi print option from the GIMP.

Now the question for Till or somebody, is:  should I try to install
the hpijs-1.3, wait for an updated print-driver RPM, or was the
hpijs-1.3 already included in this update?

The documentation from linuxprinting.org and from the HP site is
fairly overwhelming, so perhaps just a pointer or two from someone who
knows printers would save me a lot more research and trial-and-error.

Thanks lots.

--
Jan Wilson, SysAdmin     _/*];          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Corozal Junior College   |  |:'  corozal.com corozal.bz